With the aim of celebrating the World Environment Day 2013, Nepalese Youth for Climate Action (NYCA) is organizing a week long Environment Week. As a part of the week-long program, NYCA proudly presents “Think, Eat, save and BLOG” Competition. The main objective of this Blog Competition is to aware youths, environmental enthusiasts and the future generation on the UN Environment Day Theme, the importance of rational food habits: reducing food waste and loss across the food supply chain and to encourage the amateur bloggers of the nation.
Submission Guidelines and Event Timeline
- The theme of the competition is “Think, Eat, Save”. Engaging, interesting, and passionate posts are welcomed.
- The blogposts should be clear, concise and ORIGINAL!
- The blogposts should have minimum of 600 and maximum 800 words. English and Nepali medium are both welcome.
- The blogposts should be submitted to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st 2013.
- All the submitted posts will be judged by an expert jury panel and 10 best blogs will be shortlisted by June 1st. The shortlisted 10 blogs will be posted on the Nepalese Youth for Climate Action (NYCA) facebook page.
- The shortlisted bloggers are then encouraged to gain maximum likes on their blogposts by sharing them with their friends in facebook list.
- The facebook promotion of the blogs should stop by 5 pm NST on 4th June, 2013.
- The top 3 blogs will be selected on the basis of Maximum likes obtained by the blogs on our facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/NYCANepal?ref=hl
- The 3 winners will be announced on June 4th after 5 pm
- The top 3 winners will be awarded NRs. 2500, 1500 and 1000 respectively. The winners will be invited to Nepal Environment Film Festival finale afternoon, which is to be held at Russian Culture Center, Kamalpokhari on June 5th, 2013.
For further details
Nepalese Youth for Climate Action
Ph: 01 4464981, 9841661146
For further reading:
Nepalese Youth for Climate Action (NYCA) with support from its partner organizations is continuously organizing awareness, advocacy and action campaign nationally since the time of its establishment. In the year 2009, 2010 and 2011 we were came up with the creative idea of celebrating environment day through Mega event “Eco-football: Goal Against Climate change” with main objective to spread message nationally through media and through participants same as in 2012 we organized Third Nepalese Youth Climate Summit in Pokhara to advocate youths from grassroots level.
This year, NYCA has come up with more creative, result oriented plan for bigger and better event to mark the world environment day 2013. The Environment day will celebrate for one whole week with many events in Nepal.
Following are the major activities that we have come up with:
a)Facebook and social networking campaign
Knowing the effectiveness of social networking tools in campaigning, a massive awareness campaign using social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and Blog will be organized throughout the Week. During the campaign, photo profile and status of most of the youth and other people in Facebook will be same with the common theme, blog competition on theme of World Environment Day 2013. Among the blogs best 3 will publish on NYCA official website and the different message will be circulated through Facebook, twitter and other social networking tools.
b)Nepal Environment Film Festival (NEFF)
Nepal Environment Film Festival is one of the events which will be organized in mid of the environment week on 3, 4 and 5 June 2013. The latest documentaries short films and movie clips on different environmental issues will be screened during this festival. The two hour documentary/film screening will be followed by the talk program and discussion on issues highlighted by the documentaries. NYCA will try to have the presence of documentary producer and subject related expert in the discussion session every day.
Date : 3 to 5 June 2013
Time : 2 to 5 PM
Venue : Russian Culture center
Entrance : Tickets for Corporate houses and free invitation pass for general public
A song will be prepared which will be sang by renowned artists and officially the lyrics is called on opening of Environmental Film Festival and will be played in 6th Anniversary of NYCA (August 10, 2013)
Idea Challenge is a competition will be done through the social media facebook, where people can post their creative and genuine ideas. Among them NYCA choose the best idea will implement in Environment week 2013.
Nepalese Youth for Climate Action (NYCA) is a youth lead coalition of the Nepalese youth and youth groups tackling climate change, the biggest challenge of our generation. NYCA was established in August 10, 2008 with the motto “Caring for Climate, Caring for Ourselves”.
We envision an economically prosperous and sustainable Nepal where youth play an active role in leading the society towards cleaner future.
Our goal is to protect Nepal and the Nepalese people from the adverse impacts of climate change by spreading awareness, advocating policies and taking action. We aim to play a key role in transitioning Nepal towards climate resilience by leading adaptation efforts and mitigation of GHGs.
We work with the following objectives
- To raise awareness in local, national and international level regarding climate change.
- To educate, empower and mobilize youth to achieve our goals and vision.
- To establish the network of youths in the Local, National, Regional and Global level for the Climate Campaigning.
- To conduct the research and studies on the different components of climate change.
- To support the Nepalese government in international negotiations for the strong lobbing on Nepal’s and Nepal member coalition’s position.
- To pressurize the large GHGs emitting countries for deeper cuts in their emission within their boundaries
- To pressurize developed countries to assist with the adequate and predictable financial support for the adaptation and transfer of the technology in the developing country.
- To pressurize Nepalese government for switching towards the low carbon economy.
comprehensive website coming soon.